We are now recruiting for a Reception/Front of House position. Please see the job description here.
If you would like any further information please contact us on 01474 321302
Job title: Receptionist/front of house operative
Responsible to: Hotel Management
Department: The Granby Hotel
Hours of work: up to 37.5 hours per week depending on applicant across a 7 day shift pattern rota.
Scope of the post:
- To be responsible for reception duties and to represent the company in its dealing with customers and guests. To ensure the hotel operates effectively as directed by Senior Management in line with the organisation’s policies, procedures and agreed protocols.
Events and Functions
- To support the delivery of events and functions at the Granby Hotel undertaking direct responsibility for delivering events and functions when required and as directed.
- To be responsible for the operation of the hotel guest book and booking in systems including issuing keys and entry cards.
- To prepare/serve evening meals in accordance with basic food hygiene regulations.
- To make and receive phone calls on behalf of the hotel
- To serve guests and guests beverages in the restaurant/bar.
- To ensure the following areas are effectively delivered during allocated shift periods. Reception/Restaurant and bar
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and preparation standards of the restaurant and bar areas
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the Hotel’s information processes.
- To support Senior Management in the marketing of the Hotel’s rooms and facilities.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Manager to ensure the Hotel is effectively maintained
- To ensure compliance with all standing orders, policies and procedures.
- To liaise with other members of the organisation in the delivery of services.
Events and functions:
- To support Senior Management in the promotion, marketing, organisation and delivery of events and functions.
- To undertake direct responsibility for the delivery of events and functions when required.
- To work with Senior Management to ensure events and functions are effectively promoted and delivered.
- As required to undertake lead responsibility for the direct delivery of events and functions when needed.
Health and Safety:
- To be responsible for your own health and safety as well as that of others in accordance with statutory and organisational guidelines and procedures.
- To ensure that identified targets and standards are met.
- To undertake training as required meeting the needs of the business.
- To undertake any task as reasonably requested by organisational management.
- To ensure the Hotel presents a professional image and delivers a high quality service to its customers and guests.
- To maximise the business opportunities available to the business and deliver operational and events responsibilities effectively.
- To support the organisation’s Senior Management team in further developing the Hotel
The successful candidate will exhibit all or many of the following attributes
- Relevant experience of delivering high quality customer based services.
- Relevant experience of operating it based booking systems
- Relevant experience of reporting directly to Senior Management within an organisation.
- The ability to work independently and within a team.
- A clean UK driving license and access to own transport not essential but would be an advantage
This job description is designed to highlight the main areas and responsibilities of the post. It is not designed to be exhaustive in terms of the post’s duties or responsibilities and may be subject to change over time according to business needs.