Job title: Restaurant/bar Staff
Responsible to: Hotel Management
Department: The Granby Hotel
Hours of work: Negotiable. To include weekends
Scope of the post:
To be responsible for restaurant and, bar service, to represent the company in its dealing with customers and guests. To ensure the hotel operates effectively as directed by Senior Management in line with the organisation’s policies, procedures and agreed protocols.
Events and Functions
To support the delivery of events and functions at the Granby Hotel.
- To serve guests and beverages in the restaurant/bar.
- To assist/prepare snacks and meals. A basic food hygiene certificate would be an advantage. But not a necessity as training will be provided.
- To ensure the following areas are effectively delivered during allocated shift periods. Reception/Restaurant and bar
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and preparation standards of the restaurant and bar areas
- To make and receive phone calls on behalf of the hotel as required.
- To support Senior Management in the marketing of the Hotel’s rooms and facilities.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Manager to ensure the Hotel is effectively maintained.
- To ensure compliance with all standing orders, policies and procedures.
- To liaise with other members of the organisation in the delivery of services.
Events and functions:
- To support Senior Management in the promotion, marketing, organisation and delivery of events and functions.
- To assist in the staffing and delivery of service during events and functions.
- To work with Senior Management to ensure events and functions are effectively promoted and delivered.
- As required undertake lead responsibility for the direct delivery of events and functions when needed.